Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My First Half

I've never needed too much motivation to go for a run, and so, I never felt compelled to sign up for a formal event to keep me running.... but, lately I feel like I am reaching a point where I would like to take my running to a new level, in terms of distance and competitiveness. I've mostly been a 5mile and under, casual runner so far and after thinking about it for a while I finally decided to sign up for a half marathon and see if that helps me achieve this goal of reaching a new level in my running.

So, yeah, I figured if I was going take the plunge I might as well do it in one of the most popular half marathons around - The CARLSBAD HALF MARATHON. What makes it so special? Well, for starters, it is held in the coastal town of Carlsbad (San Diego), which happens to be 30mi from home for me. The course is beautiful and happens to be along the coast, all along. Since, it is held in January (25th), the weather also promises to be ideal for running (50-65F). It is also supposedly very well managed and coordinated in terms of facilities and resources. With all that, it is little surprise that it has been selling out ahead of time for the last couple years. It is expected to sell out in the next week or so (Dec 10th), so were planning on running it or if reading this post got you motivated to do so, go here , RIGHT NOW and SIGN UP!!

No comments: