Monday, August 28, 2006

A country within a country

Just back from a week long work/ vacation trip. This was my first trip to the other side of the country. In the 4 years that I have lived in the US, this is my first trip to the East Coast. And the experience was filled with more unexpected things than I thought it would be. For a start, this was the first time, I got lost while trying to get to my destination. Well, actually, I didn't really get lost, it was just that I thought I was and so ended up wasting time driving back and forth and thus ended up the taking the longest time I have ever taken to cover 30 miles.

Some of the distinct differences I saw between the East and West coast I noted were

1. Much more diversity of people in the west coast, than the east.
2. I think the west coast is much more naturally scenic
3. I think the east coast has a lot more history embedded in it.
4.


Update... Feb 11th, 2007... I actually saved the draft of this message on 8/28/06 and logged backed in today. As hard as I try... I just can not seem to be able to continue the train of thought... I guess I got lost again (this time virtual though)... well.. let's just move on...

No comments: